If you missed the announcements from District Office and ignored your Calendar’s prompts to try the new view, you might be wondering what the heck happened to your Google Calendar. In October 2017, Google announced a refreshed calendar view. District Information Technology Services chose to hold off on updating to the calendar view until the Fall semester ended, and settled on the following roll-out schedule:
- Monday, 12/18/17, 6:00 p.m. – new calendar view became available
- Friday, 1/5/2018, 7:00 a.m. – new calendar view became default but employees could switch back
- Friday, 1/19/2018, 6:00 p.m. – new calendar view became mandatory
We’ve officially switched to the shiny new view, and there’s no going back. It’s time to embrace the new view! We’ve collected some resources to help you adapt quickly and stay productive:
- 8 New Google Calendar Features You Should Start Using Now provides a good visual overview of what’s new.
- Learn What’s New in Google Calendar is part of the official Google Calendar Help pages.
- The Google Calendar Training Guide (PDF) produced by Technology Training Services is the official training guide for Maricopa’s Google Calendar upgrade.
Are you excited by the clean look and modern colors? Have you found a new feature you don’t know how you lived without? Tell us what you like best about the new Calendar in the comments!