The CTLE Robinson Room is a recently updated teaching space in HT2 with innovative technology and collaborative tools to help facilitate learning in your classroom. It is available for faculty to reserve for classes for a single session or a series of class sessions designed to utilize the innovative tools in the space.
Check out a few ways you can use the Robinson Room this semester:
- Lecture Capture: Record your lecture, your presentation, and even your students. Use this for classes to review or for a hybrid or online course.
- Training sessions on Tuesday, August 26 from 3:00 – 3:30 p.m.; Wednesday, September 3 from 1:30 – 2:00 p.m.; Wednesday, September 10 from 11:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- Enhanced Presentations: Project to multiple screens, use the document camera and the Smartboard to bring additional media and content to your course. Bring in a guest lecturer or expert using Skype or Google Hangouts, or connect with a class at GCC North or on another campus.
- Training sessions on Wednesday, August 27 from 3:00 – 3:30 p.m.; Wednesday, September 3 from 3:00 – 3:30 p.m.; Wednesday, September 10 from 12:30 – 1:00 p.m.
- Active learning: Use iPads with interactive or subject-specific apps, use clickers to quiz students, utilize the room to have students move & discuss problems, set-up the space with stations.
- Training sessions on Thursday, August 28 from 3:00 – 3:30 p.m.; Wednesday, September 3 from 2:00 – 2:30 p.m.; Wednesday, September 10 from 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Collaborative Student groups: Assign student groups a laptop and/or iPad and allow them to project their work to separate LCD screens. Have groups brainstorm together using the white board walls. Use the space for student poster presentations (on poster board or digitally).
- Training sessions on Friday, August 29 from 3:00 – 3:30 p.m.; Wednesday, September 3 from 2:30 – 3:00 p.m.; Wednesday, September 10 from 12:00 – 12:30 p.m.
If you are interested in using the room in any of these ways, attend a training session and reserve the room today.