An Afternoon of Learning: Engage, Experiment, Innovate
Take your class to the next level.
Come on down to the CTLE in HT2 for an afternoon of learning and experimentation with innovative teaching practices.
It is not a rumor!! We ARE having ice cream sundaes!!
1:00 – 3:00 Innovation Stations in the HT2 Computer Commons: We will be showcasing various modes of technology and how they can be used in the office/classroom, along with new and innovative teaching ideas that your colleagues have incorporated in the classroom.
- Online Orientation for Online Student MOOC – Alisa Cooper and Chris Nielson
- New & Free Technology from the CTLE – Meghan Kennedy and Alisa Cooper
- GCC Fitness and Wellness – Nicola Perry
- The Critical/Creative Crossover: Expanding Thinking in the Composition Classroom – Kimberly Mathes and Lauren Brandenburg
- Creating Hybrid Student Learning Communities – Mary Alpaugh and Renee Barstack
- Holocaust Studies: Integrative Testimony Project – Brandon Cleworth
- Flipping the Business Classroom – Annette Davis
- Flipping the Classroom: Using a Document Camera to create Problem-Solving Videos – Kim Smith
- Flipping the Classroom: Creating Opportunities for Greater Depth in Instruction – Julie Morrison
- Contextualized Reading – Cindy Ortega and Sherry Wangen
- GCC Reads – Renee Smith, Dede Elbrobeh, and Cindy Ortega
- GCC Civility Week – Gina Desai and Tiffany Harvey
1:00 – 4:00 Innovative Experimentation in the Robinson Experimental Classroom (Inside HT2-139). Ongoing 15 minute demos of the new technology available to you.
2:00 – 4:00 Workshops and more:
- 2:00 – 3:00 – DRS 101 for Faculty: Connecting the Dots – Helping Faculty, Staff, and Students Succeed. HT2-159
- 2:00 – 3:30 – One2One Mentor Training Workshop. HT2-153
- 3:00 – 4:00 – PAR Mentor-Mentee Mixer for Probationary Faculty Years 2-5 and their mentors. HT2 Computer Commons
And, don’t forget the ice cream in HT2-139!!!