The OER Committee is hosting OER Champion Office Hours.
- Mondays, 2-2:30pm, Champion Jeffrey Sanger on Google Meet
- Wednesdays, 1pm, Champion John Gibson in the STEM Computer Lab area.
- Fridays, 8am, Champion Christine Jones on Google Meet
- Fridays, 9am, Champion John Gibson on Zoom.
If those times don’t work for you, feel free to reach out directly to us and we will come to you! We are starting small with both Virtual and Face to Face times, with additional times (and champions) to be announced soon.
The OER Champions are a growing group of individuals who want to share the love of different approaches to Open. This is a time when faculty members (and anyone else) can informally meet, ask questions, and get help from an OER Champion. You don’t have to talk for an hour. You can come by with a quick question and know that someone is ready to chat with you.
What kinds of questions?
- What is OER?
- How do I get started?
- I am already doing ___. Is that OER?
- Can we brainstorm ideas for OER?
- How might I find/use/create Open Educational Resources?
- How do I check my OER to make sure I am doing it correctly?
- How can I make my current class/material work for the new Near-Z Degree?
- What is a Near-Z Degree?
- Can I view an OER course? See a Textbook? Watch an Open Pedagogical Lesson?
- What is a sustainable assignment? What does a sustainable assignment look like?
- Can I talk to someone in my department who uses OER?
Have a different question? Stop by and ask. We look forward to seeing you.