On October 20th and 21st faculty from around MCCCD came together to participate in a professional development opportunity which focused on engaging the four different generations of students that attend classes on the MCCCD campuses.
Presenters covered a variety of topics including engaging students with infographics, gamifying with Harry Potter, alternative grading, podcasts, Canvas Studio and the new exciting tool coming to GCC: Delphinium! More than 95% of the attendees either strongly agreed or agreed:
- Topics addressed were relevant
- Activities were pertinent and worthwhile
- Facilitators were knowledgeable
- Outcomes were clearly identified
- Outcomes were accomplished
- Expectations were met
- Recommend the program
Comments from conference guests include:
- I gained so much new information and helpful tips from each presenters to effectively reach to diverse student bodies.
- I think the sheer variety of speakers and presentations was impressive, in such a compact time frame.
- I think the most useful part of the program was hearing from faculty at different colleges and in different disciplines. Diversity is great!
- Learning tried and true strategies from instructors in the field.
- I learned something in each and every session. Loved the variety of time formats – keynote, speed round, etc.
- The choice of speakers. They were all fantastic, and have truly motivated me to keep finding ways to push the envelope.
To view the full schedule, presenters and resources from the conference, visit the Genesis: Engaging Generations website.
If you are doing something great in your classes, or know someone who is doing something great in their classes, please complete the CTLE future presenter form; the CTLE loves highlighting the amazing work faculty are doing!