A new quizzing engine (New Quizzes) is coming to Canvas and will become the native quizzing engine within the Canvas LMS. As our GCC community prepares for the transition from our existing quizzing tool, the CTLE wants to keep our faculty informed to ensure a seamless experience.
Five new exciting features offered with New Quizzes include:
- Hot spot questions allow teachers to upload images and have their students identify a specific area in that image.
- Ordering requires students to place answers to a question in a specific order.
- New Quizzes Printing allows for easy printing on paper or saving as a PDF.
- Student Quiz Accommodations can be set for the whole course, not just quiz by quiz.
- Question Shuffling shuffles the question order displayed to students.
As we approach our transition date, we will provide more communication with specific resources, timelines, and noteworthy milestones. If you want to learn more about New Quizzes, go for it! There are excellent Canvas Guides available in the Canvas Community if you’d like to get a head start on exploring this new tool.
Stay tuned for next steps on our New Quizzes journey!