A new semester is right around the corner; start your semester off smoothly with these 5 quick Canvas tips!
- Update Notification Preferences – Canvas allows you to determine the frequency of notifications you receive from your classes. You can receive notifications immediately, daily, weekly or not at all.
- Simplify Course Navigation – If you are teaching online and using Modules you can hide many unnecessary navigation features such as rubrics, files, quizzes, etc.
- Create Course Orientation – Often the first hurdle in a class is understanding and navigating the course. A course orientation video or summary paragraph will jumpstart student success by eliminating confusion in the first week and beyond.
- Run the Link Validator – Give students a great first impression by having a course with no broken links. Canvas will check all of your external links and alert you to links that no longer work.
- Review with Student View – The student view allows you to navigate through the course as a student. To ensure the Modules and their content are working correctly, log in as the test student and work through the first two weeks of published Modules.
Once you have finished the five tips on getting off to a smooth start, remember to publish the course. Also the CTLE is always here to help you! You can visit our Live Online Open Lab Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.; drop-ins at the main campus are welcome Monday through Thursday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (limited to 30 minutes) or you can always make an appointment.