- On a computer, go to the YouTube video you want to embed.
- Under the video, click Share.
- Click Embed.
- Under the highlighted code snippet click SHOW MORE.
- Below the video preview, deselect the Show suggested videos when the video finishes checkbox, and select the Enable Privacy Enhanced Mode checkbox.
- From the text box above the video preview, select and copy the HTML code.
- Paste the code into your Canvas announcement or content page.
- Create a new announcement or content page and enter a title.
- Enter any introductory information in the Rich Text Editor (this information will appear above your embedded video) and then enter a line return.
- Click the HTML Editor link to switch to HTML entry mode.
- In the HTML Editor, locate the blank line below your introductory text (it will look like the section highlighted in gray below).
- Delete that line and paste in the HTML you copied from YouTube.
- Click the Save button.
You just embedded a YouTube video into Canvas. In addition, you turned off YouTube’s “suggested videos” showing at the end, so your students will stay focused on course content. Also you enhanced your students’ privacy by instructing YouTube not to store their browsing information unless they play the embedded video.
A printable Quick Guide of this post is available.