Quick look at some examples – what is it, how does it work, etc.
- ENG102 Online Lessons – Click on Lessons 1.1 (audio & print score summary at end) and 2.2 (video).
Where to get the software
Maricopa is entitled to use SoftChalk Version 7 under the agreement. Here is the information:
Please see http://www.pvc.maricopa.edu/SoftChalk/
- username: MCCD
- password: (email me if you were not in the workshop)
Creating a Lesson from a Word Document
Basically, you can copy and paste your information from Word to SoftChalk. Your formatting comes over as well as your images.
When you copy images from Word and save your lesson in SoftChalk, the images get copied into your lesson folder.
- Insert Page Breaks – CTR + Enter (return)
- Headings to Create
- Practice Word Document – Download to create a lesson
Adding an Image – Insert Image
- FAQ: Media & Hyberlinks
- Find an image and save it to your computer. Then Click Insert – Image.
Adding a YouTube video – Insert Widget
Adding audio using the Windows Sound Recorder – Insert Media
- Can use built in audio recorder on Windows or Audacity
- You can link to a variety of media within a lesson including the following. Type Fomats of supported audio: aiff, au, mid, midi, mp3, ra, ram, rmf, wav, wma
- Add Quiz Questions to your lesson
Choosing Style Properties
Personalize your lesson by changing the style, title and layout.
Export to Canvas
Non-scored lesson – Loading a Lesson into a Learning Management System
- Within SoftChalk, open your lesson.
- Go to File/Package Lesson/Zip Format.
- Within your Learning Management System, upload your .zip file.
- Unpackage your .zip file.
- Link to index.html within your resulting lesson folder.
NOTE: You can have an e-mail scores button and/or print score buttons even with this type of lesson.
More Softchalk training will be available on Thursday, October 24th from 1-4pm. Basic 1-2pm/Intermediate 2-4pm.